Garden State

Post up about movies and what you thought
Brad
Site Admin

Garden State

Post by Brad »

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0333766/

Its from Zach Braff (the white guy from Scrubs), he wrote it, directed it, and stared in it. Its kind of hard to describe, its kind of an comedy, but more so a romantic coming of age story. I guess for me after seeing Natalie Portman in closer just a few days ago and now to see her in this kinda blows me away. Such different roles, yet she is good in both of them. I never really knew she could act before, I was never really a fan. The story is an actor who is pretty much numb to the world just going through life medicated and makes money while not acting as a waiter and gets a call from his father that his mom died, so he goes back home for the funeral and rediscovers life.

I wouldn't let your kids see it. I think the wives would enjoy it, but there is a lot of guy humor in it too, so I think its be a good movie for "points" that you could get it for her and enjoy it yourself. See if you catch the agdrakehunter1 reference. ;)
I use my gun whenever kindness fails.

Never argue with idiots, they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Texas A&M University
Class of 2000

Shotshell Information Page