F-Avery!

Waterfowl hunting general conversation

Moderators: Gmann, Cajun Duckman

swinginD
User

F-Avery!

Post by swinginD »

**WARNING** The name Avery and Decoys are about to be used in the post below...

I never said a word in all of the avery decoy discussions that have gone on forever until now. i bought LAST YEARS batch, not the hotbuys from this year and pulled them out to hunt them this past weekend. i even bought the poly-spray from the hobby shop hoping to protect them. well, 2 hunts later my decoys look like they have lepresey...not chipping but paint FLYING off of them. I am of the opinion you get what you pay for so i was not really too hot but decided to call avery because everyone on the fuge said they have the most wonderful customer service every. heres what happened:

-called and was put on hold for 25 mintues, the lady kept pickin up every 2-3 minutes telling me to keep holding....no problem.
-i asked at the 25 minute mark if i should call back...her response: "No, we are always this busy, you just have to hold"...ok, no sweat.
-she finally picked up and i told her i have last years decoys, not hot buys, but the paint is really falling off...told her brent feathers told all of us they would stand behiind their decoys and i wanted to see if they would fix these??
-NOPE...she said the retailer is responsible, NOT avery. i asked if they made and painted the decoys? yes. then why arent your responsible? she said that is just their policy.

mind you, i was not calling for a free lunch but i would be a fool not to at least see if they would stand behind their product...frankly, i would have been satisfied if she would have been nice and given me a remedy to my problem...but her attitude and the fact that they shifted the blame on a product they MADE really steamed me.

bottom line? F-Avery! off my list FOREVER!

ok, rant is over...time to go look at neeked women ;)
Heard in my blind:
"I'll have a mocha frapa chino latte"
Buford

Post by Buford »

You should post this on the fuge. Oh man! That would be fun!!!! :D
Bears aren't dangerous. They're just misunderstood. See, they're very loving crea* AAAHHHHH, MY HEAD! GET IT OFF, GET IT OFF!!!!!
Runnin' 87

Post by Runnin' 87 »

Come on Swingy. This is oneo f them pay me now or pay me later things. G & H bro. Got some that I have been hunting since 96. They got alot of hunts left in them.

I hate carrying them heavy sob's but they last.
Bitch Please !!!
swinginD
User

Post by swinginD »

hell, i got 7+ year old flams that still look like the day i took them out of the box...i have even thrown some paint on em and they is nice.
Heard in my blind:
BDBA

Post by BDBA »

Brent's a queer. :lol:
Psycho Trout

Post by Psycho Trout »

BDBA wrote:Brent's a queer. :lol:
:mfinger: :sniper:
fowler

Post by fowler »

I got some of the widgeon, only 6 for a good price, so I will see how they hold up. I am not holding my breath. I am sure they will fail just like the others. The Avery name is being drug through the mud becuase of this, as it should for releasing a bad product.
swinginD
User

Post by swinginD »

i love their widgeons and REALLY want some but they only come in weighted keel, right?? matt, let me know if they hold up. i dont like g&h widgeon.
Heard in my blind:
BDBA

Post by BDBA »

Brent Feathers
fowler

Post by fowler »

I will let you know. I only ordered 6 just in case they suck that bad, I won't lose anything much. I havne't got them yet, I ordered them a few months ago, and they are still on backorder. the print in cabelas says they are guaranteed to never chip or flake paint. :lol: :roll:
Skack
Site Admin

Post by Skack »

swinginD wrote:i love their widgeons and REALLY want some but they only come in weighted keel, right?? matt, let me know if they hold up. i dont like g&h widgeon.
Swing post your story here under Avery Products and Questions...I'm postive you'll get Brent's attention.....I did ...but for something different.

http://www.averyoutdoors.com/cgi-bin/ub ... matebb.cgi

My Lifesize Mallards and Widgeon still look good after four hard hunts.....

I also prefer water keels for movement. I just popped the cap on the Avery widgeon dekes and drained the sand out.....took me 10 minutes to do them all. I then drilled one hole in the keel to help the water get in quicker. If I ever need them to be weighted keel, I'll just slide a strap weight in the keel and zip tie them in.
Hook 'em Horns.......:headbanger:
Thibodeaux

Post by Thibodeaux »

Here's a news flash for ya Swing and other decoy victims. The new ones, the paint is coming off of them as we speak. The only difference is they aren't coming off as bad. It's sad cuz it really is a good lookin' decoy. Just the paint sucks. I'm speaking about the teal decoys.
What the hell is that!!!!!!!!
birddog14

Post by birddog14 »

after all the troubles I have heard about them, I am still amazed people are still willing to try them even after hearing all the bad stuff about them.
Cajun Duckman

Post by Cajun Duckman »

Birddog, Larry Gore gets ragged to the ends of the earth but he still has a thriving business. Look at it this way, we may represent 10% of the hunting population; that includes us and the people we talk with. So it's not like Avery gets affected that much. Plus some people have to learn for themselves. I laughed my ass off at some of the posts from guys on the Fuge saying they had bought 10-20 doz sight unseen. These are the same people who load these decoys up in their Avalanche along with their Vortex.

We sent a dozen teal back. Took a month to get the "new" ones. They are not peeling near as bad, but where they are it is white. Pretty bad when black paint is peeling and white is showing...

The sad thing is, if they would get the paint squared away and durable they could charge $60 dozen and sell 'em like hotcakes.
swinginD
User

Post by swinginD »

along with their Vortex

hey, i have a vortex.....pretty dam good little duck call for $20 ;)
Heard in my blind:
birddog14

Post by birddog14 »

I wasn't referring to the general public......I was referring to guys on the fuge and similar places that have read of the problems and still decide to try them.