Capote

Post up about movies and what you thought
h2ofwlr
AQ Wannabe

Capote

Post by h2ofwlr »

I saw it yesterday becuase Pillip Seymour Hoffman won best actor in his portral of Turman Capote. (Academy award, Golden globe, & SAG) I do not recall ever seeing a clip of Truman, so hard to gauge how well he mimicked Truman mannerisms, but the 3 groups thought enough of his performance to to hand him the 3 awards. Also Katherine Keener was nominated for best supporting actress in the film. As a reference, she played the gal that Andy lost his virginity to on the 40 year old virgin. I personally hope to see much more of her on the big screeen in the future, as she has an uncanny presence when in a scene.

Over all, it is about a look into a tortured man. I hope none of us ever make the same mistakes as he did. If you see the movie, you will understand. Also realize that 22 years ago he died of alcoholism, maybe not not accident considering how tortuerd he was.

That being said, is it worthy of seeing it? Yes, but don't think for a minute you will walk out uplifted in any way in your outlook on life. But none the less it is very good movie IMO.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capote_%28film%29

"The fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity" Sigmund Freud

A Yankee, and proud of it!