Movie Quotes

Post up about movies and what you thought
redfish76
User

Movie Quotes

Post by redfish76 »

It's the first quarter of the big game and you want to toss up a hail Mary. I'd like to be pimps from Oakland, or cowboys from Arizona, but its not Halloween. Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula. We've been to a million weddings, and you know what? We've rocked them all.
redfish76
User

Post by redfish76 »

This is good stuff. I got it from a Negro. You're probably high already and you don't even know it.
redfish76
User

Post by redfish76 »

My father was very sure about certain matters pertaining to the universe. To him, all good things - trout as well as eternal salvation - came by grace; and grace comes by art; and art does not come easy.
redfish76
User

Post by redfish76 »

Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends.

I thought Tristan would never live to be an old man. I was wrong about that. I was wrong about many things. It was those who loved him the most that died young. He was a rock they broke themselves against however much he tried to protect them. But he had his honor and a long life, and he saw his children grow and raise their own families. Tristan died in the moon of the popping trees. He was last seen in the north country, hunting. His grave is unmarked, but it does not matter. He had always lived in the borderland, anyway. Somewhere between this world and the other. lt was a good death.
Brad
Site Admin

Post by Brad »

redfish76 wrote: ***

I thought Tristan would never live to be an old man. I was wrong about that. I was wrong about many things. It was those who loved him the most that died young. He was a rock they broke themselves against however much he tried to protect them. But he had his honor and a long life, and he saw his children grow and raise their own families. Tristan died in the moon of the popping trees. He was last seen in the north country, hunting. His grave is unmarked, but it does not matter. He had always lived in the borderland, anyway. Somewhere between this world and the other. lt was a good death.
Legends of the Fall. One of my favs.
redfish76
User

Post by redfish76 »

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, and a whole multi colored collection of uppers, downers, laughers, screamers... Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls. Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can. The only thing that really worried me was the ether. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge, and I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon.
TexasGeese
User

Post by TexasGeese »

redfish76 wrote:My father was very sure about certain matters pertaining to the universe. To him, all good things - trout as well as eternal salvation - came by grace; and grace comes by art; and art does not come easy.
A River Runs Through It. One of my favorite movies.
redfish76
User

Post by redfish76 »

Not that I condone fascism, or any ism for that matter. Isms, in my opinion, are not good. A person should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in The Beatles, I just believe in me." Good point there. After all, he was the walrus. I could be the walrus, but I'd still have to bum rides off of people.
duckhawk8

Re: Movie Quotes

Post by duckhawk8 »

redfish76 wrote:It's the first quarter of the big game and you want to toss up a hail Mary. I'd like to be pimps from Oakland, or cowboys from Arizona, but its not Halloween. Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula. We've been to a million weddings, and you know what? We've rocked them all.

Wedding Crashers??
jholste

Post by jholste »

redfish76 wrote:We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, and a whole multi colored collection of uppers, downers, laughers, screamers... Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls. Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can. The only thing that really worried me was the ether. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge, and I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon.
Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas?
redfish76
User

Post by redfish76 »

Someplace warm. A place where the beer flows like wine. Where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano. I'm talking about a little place called Aspen.
redfish76
User

Post by redfish76 »

Down, down, down. The red knight's goin down.
redfish76
User

Post by redfish76 »

Fat guy in a little coat.
h2ofwlr
AQ Wannabe

Post by h2ofwlr »

"if you are going the shoot, shoot, enough of the talking"

"The fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity" Sigmund Freud

A Yankee, and proud of it!
TexasGeese
User

Post by TexasGeese »

"Pay him. Pay dat man hees mahhhhney"
redfish76
User

Post by redfish76 »

Just remember, my name is ROGER MURDOCK. I'm an airline pilot.

I think you're the greatest, but my dad says you don't work hard enough on defense. And he says that lots of times, you don't even run down court. And that you don't really try... except during the playoffs.

The hell I don't. LISTEN KID. I've been hearing that crap ever since I was at UCLA. I'm out there busting my buns every night. Tell your old man to drag Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes.
redfish76
User

Post by redfish76 »

TexasGeese wrote:"Pay him. Pay dat man hees mahhhhney"
Want a cookie?
redfish76
User

Post by redfish76 »

I was born a poor black child. I remember the days, sittin' on the porch with my family, singin' and dancin' down in Mississippi.
roadking

Post by roadking »

redfish76 wrote:I was born a poor black child. I remember the days, sittin' on the porch with my family, singin' and dancin' down in Mississippi.
Steve Martin in The Jerk
Dying aint much of a living, boy
roadking

Post by roadking »

Is that a ten-gallon hat, or are you just enjoying the show?

God darnit Mr. Lamarr, you use your tongue prettier than a twenty dollar whore.

Then one day I hear "Reach for it, mister." I spun around, and there I was standing face to face with a six year old kid. Well, I just laid down my guns and walked away. Little bastard shot me in the ass. So I limped to the nearest saloon, crawled inside a whiskey bottle, and I've been there ever since.
Dying aint much of a living, boy