Lord of War

Post up about movies and what you thought
TexasGeese
User

Lord of War

Post by TexasGeese »

I was expecting more of an action film since Cage was in it. It was actually a pretty slow movie. I guess if you enjoy the things that go on behind gun running, then you will like the movie. Cage didnt even intentionally fire a weapon, which is kind of sad.
mpm71169
Location: Born/raised in Round Rock Tx...stationed in Jacksonville, NC

Post by mpm71169 »

It was entertaining but predictable.
Brad
Site Admin

Post by Brad »

Pretty damn dark movie but I'd agree with his thoughts on how the world works. Its a mean place and they need people like him.
I use my gun whenever kindness fails.

Never argue with idiots, they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Texas A&M University
Class of 2000

Shotshell Information Page
Brad
Site Admin

Post by Brad »

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0399295/

Ok, the movie is not an action flick. Its a drama, kind of a social satire. It is a dark movie that follows the rise and fall of an international arms dealer. One of the lines that really strikes home for me is when he says something to the effect of, "The enemy of the US enemy is their friend, and they need me to supply them with arms."

You will not walk away feeling good so don't plan to see it and then to do something fun afterwards.
ft.worthlumberjack

Post by ft.worthlumberjack »

It was a decent movie until the end. Saying how it’s the United States Russia and Chinas fault that all these third world countries kill each other. Basically stating that guns corrupt people in fact it is money that cornbreads these governments and people.

Who ever was cage's wife in the movie was smoking hot.