Gaston Calls......

Boats, ATVs, decoys, calls, etc.
Skack
Site Admin

Gaston Calls......

Post by Skack »

Anybody use the Gaston acrylics and like them?

Pros....Cons?
Hook 'em Horns.......:headbanger:
Coastal Ducks

Post by Coastal Ducks »

You betcha. I got an acrylic straight barrel in ivory before the season in a trade and I really like it. It is loud but easy to blow and raspy. DUKFVR also has a straight barrel but a double reed straight barrel. Get his opinion, too. Great call IMO. If you are coming to the Fuge hunt you can try mine.
DUKFVR

Post by DUKFVR »

I really like the Gaston calls. I don't know how he shoves that mallard hen in the call though! I have an Open Water single reed & a Straight barrel double reed. I switched over to his calls after trying just about every other call. The service & help MR. Gaston has given me has been nothing short of fabulous. If your ever around Halls you are more than welcome to try them.
Bily Lovec

Post by Bily Lovec »

I have one also :)
double reed, bois de arc call, dont remember what its called, but it aint a straight barrel... and second the motion on Mr Gaston service and help, when he has your called tuned, he'll call you on the phone abd blow it for ya :shock:
txdukklr

Post by txdukklr »

Dave Gaston is the nicest guy you ever talked to, gotta second that!

I didn't much like the call, more of an RNT Man and the call was chunky and took more air to blow than I like.

so if you like to blow it's the call for you! :lol:
Skack
Site Admin

Post by Skack »

txdukklr wrote: the call was chunky and took more air to blow than I like.

so if you like to blow it's the call for you! :lol:
Is this the general consensus because this is the first I've heard of that......
Hook 'em Horns.......:headbanger:
DUKFVR

Post by DUKFVR »

Skack its like everything else. Different strokes ,for differnt folks. The Gastons to me blow easy & I don't care much for the RNT. The Straight Barrel Gaston is not as chunky as the regular call. You have to find the call that suits your style.
Coastal Ducks

Post by Coastal Ducks »

I had a RNT Original and I have a Daisy Cutter. I like the straight barrel better than either of them. I think my straight barrel blows easier than the original and I know it blows a lot easier than my Daisy Cutter. It's raspier than the original and as raspy as the Daisy Cutter but it's louder. I don't think it's a harder blowing call at all. It just seemed to fit me. I have not tried calls from every custom call maker so there may yet be a better call for me out there but I have not found it yet. I am pleased as I can be with my straight barrel and I highly recommend it. My second favorite is my Daisy Cutter but it does require considerably more air and I can't seem to cover the same range with it.

The best part is the folks at Gaston are so good to deal with you just can't help but want to use their products. Mr. Gaston and Mr. Pharr have been great to deal with and have answered all my correspondance in a very timely fasion, even though this is their busy time of the year.