If your going to buy a new camera, dont...

Jokes, BS, News events...

Moderators: Gmann, Cajun Duckman

TexasGeese
User

If your going to buy a new camera, dont...

Post by TexasGeese »

I repeat dont use www.geniuscameras.com or royalcameras.com.

These companies post lower prices than anyone else, but they use bait and switch tactics hardcore. Someone got hosed by them off another site and their resellerrating.com reviews are pretty funny. Check this one out.
On January 5, 2006, at approximately 12:00 CST, I placed an order with Royal Camera. The order was placed via telephone. I had called to order a Nikon D200 camera, a Nikkor 24-125mm VR lens, a Nikkor 80-400 VR lens, a Nikkor 105mm Macro lens, a Nikon MB-200 battery holder, batteries and a Nikon SB-800 flash. The company's website listed the camera with the first two lenses as their “Elite Package", priced at $3229. Upon speaking with the salesman, I was told that Nikon had two new lenses; an 18-125mm DX VR and a 50-500mm DX VR. I was told that a package with these lenses would be $3499. I was offered that package for $3299, which I accepted. I also ordered the other items and was quoted the following prices: Nikkor 105mm Macro lens, $479; Nikon MB-200 battery holder, $159; two batteries, $149 each and the Nikon SB-800 flash, $319. I also order three (3) ultraviolet filters and was quoted $39 each for them. I provided my credit card information and purchased the items. I was told that the total price, including shipping, was $4,960.60. I was told I would be immediately e-mailed a copy of my invoice. Approximately 30 minutes later I had the opportunity to total the costs of the items I had ordered, and found that total to be $4,671. I called the company back, and spoke with a man in customer service. He stated that two of the items I had purchased had different prices than I was quoted. He said the batteries were $299.99 each and the filters were $59.99 each. He stated that he would include a free rapid charger for the batteries and the total price was firm. I was again told I was being e-mailed the invoice.

I felt something was amiss, so I attempted to find information on the "new" Nikkor lenses. I could not find them on Nikon's website. I called Nikon and spoke with a technician. He stated that Nikon did not make those lenses.

I again called Royal Camera and asked to speak with a supervisor. I was told that the supervisor was in a meeting and that he would call me back in 20 minutes. 45 minutes later, I called and was transferred to a man who identified himself as Ronnie. I explained the situation and the inconsistencies to him. He went over the order with me. He stated the items and the cost as being $4759.92 plus shipping. I stated that I thought $200 for shipping, in today's market, was high. He became rude and stated that if I could get it somewhere else to try. I asked him why the salesman had stated that the package lenses were Nikon lenses when they were not. He said, "I don't know, why did he?". I asked him why he was acting like a jerk and treating a customer this way. He said, "Because you're a motherfucker!". I asked to speak with his supervisor. He said, “I’m the owner, you stupid motherfucker.". I told him I didn't want to argue with him, I just wanted the things I ordered, at the prices quoted with fair shipping charges. He said, "You're too stupid a motherfucker for this camera. You don't listen. I wouldn't sell you this camera if you begged me.". And, he hung up.

I called back and was transferred to Ronnie. I stated that I wanted to make sure my credit card wasn't charged. He said, " You’re too stupid to know if I did.". I reiterated that I was canceling the order, and my card was not to be charged. Ronnie eventually stated that the order was canceled and to never order from him again. I stated that I felt he was discriminating against me because I caught his company lying about their products and prices. He said, "I can discriminate if I want, you motherfucker.". I ended the call.
Cbass
AQ Wannabe
Location: on PT's page postin so yall can get your rocks off bitches

Post by Cbass »

damn. sounds like a bankruptcy in the making
P.T.P.P.P.A.

Psycho Trouts Page P**** Posters Association