Doom

Post up about movies and what you thought
fowler

Doom

Post by fowler »

I really didn't think it would be very good after seeing trailers with the "first person view" crap that they threw in there. But it was much better than I expected. It might have been the usual lowering of the expectations so you come out happy thing, but I was pleased. if you like the game, then you will probably like the movie. the set and props were right on the money. it looked just like the game. the rock is always entertaining as well. definately not recommended unless you like the game though, cause you would probably think it sucked. I am not saying it was "good", but it was better than I thought it would be

As usual, in my experience of watching video game movies, there is a lot of potential that never really plays out. Doom, Resident Evil, Mortal Kombat, etc all could be really really good flicks, but they usually cheapen them with stupid antics and cliche lines.
Brad
Site Admin

Post by Brad »

i'll see it. I am still waiting for marathon or halo to be made into a movie then I will try my best to be an extra on Bungies movie.
I use my gun whenever kindness fails.

Never argue with idiots, they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Texas A&M University
Class of 2000

Shotshell Information Page
fowler

Post by fowler »

halo is in the works.
TexasGeese
User

Post by TexasGeese »

I played the Doom III demo and just couldnt get into the game. I didnt like how you had to follow a set course. I like games more like Morrowind and Halo where you can set your own course. Since I didnt like the last game that came out, I probably wont see the movie....
Brad
Site Admin

Post by Brad »

Saw doom the other night. Not bad. A guy movie for sure. Some plot flaws, but again its a guy shooter movie.

Hmm... halo? I'm gonna have to see where its being filmed at.
I use my gun whenever kindness fails.

Never argue with idiots, they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Texas A&M University
Class of 2000

Shotshell Information Page