Storing choke tubes

A place to post tips, tricks, better way to do things...

Moderators: Gmann, Coastal Ducks, 20gabismuth

Brad
Site Admin

Storing choke tubes

Post by Brad »

From Ned S:

The last count I had over 50 choke tubes. I store them in the plastic fish lure boxes you can buy at the Academy. I prefer the size that has 6 compartments and holds the long Hajjar Terror choke tubes. I put two rubber bands around the chokes so they sit on the bands and not the plastic. I use lithium grease on all my choke tube and barrel threads. When I take a couple extra I store them in individual small zip loc plastic bags in the gun case pouch. I also generally carry two guns when duck hunting, one loaded for ducks and the other for geese. Here in Texas we can have has many guns as we can lug with us. Ned S, the young 75 yr old who has been resizing, depriming, and repriming getting 'em ready to load when the time comes, as I need them.

From ALMODUX:

I do use fishing lure boxes for home storage, but with a twist...Ever see them little 'pill' bottle looking things of Mini M&Ms at the stores? The come in all kinds of colors, are water tight, and even have some double length ones that will hold two tubes...the regulars will hold ANY tube I've tried, no matter how long. I label them, put some corrosionX on a cotton ball in the bottom, keep my tubes lubed and store in these cleaned out M&M tubes. I can grab a couple and throw in my blind bag, vest, bucket, whatever, and never have to worry about'em getting wet. The candy is pretty good too....just my 'cheap trick' thought for the day.
I use my gun whenever kindness fails.

Never argue with idiots, they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Texas A&M University
Class of 2000

Shotshell Information Page
20gabismuth

Post by 20gabismuth »

Brad, I use just regular pill jars you get from the pharmacy. Basically airtight and easy to label............ :wink: