Fried Duck Fingers - my favorite

From deercamp to gourmet, if its good, we want them.
fowler

Fried Duck Fingers - my favorite

Post by fowler »

These are commonly referred to as "Christmas Cookies" by a few around the boards, and they are legendary!! It is especially good to use this recipe when serving it to someone who isn't fond of duck all that much. The brown sugar offsets the tastes that they don't like.

Breast your ducks.

Do your regular prep work if you like. I usually soak them in coke a few hours or something to remove all that extra blood and junk. You don't have to do anything. No flavored marinade is used.

Lay the breasts flat on a board and use a tenderizer hammer to beat them flat on both sides. This is best done outside due to the mess. Bang em out real good.

Use any season salt that you like, and sprinkle it on both sides of the tenderized meat.

Now, take a good size pinch of brown sugar, and rub it into both sides of the tenderized meat. The amount can vary with your tastes.

Cut them into strips, one duck breast should get you 3 or 4 strips.

Dip a strip in egg wash.

Roll the strip in flour.

Fry in skillet. Don't over cook them. It only takes a couple minutes to cook since the meat is so thin from the tenderizing.

I like it best dipped in honey mustad, but you can make a gravy or use ketchup or ranch or anything.