Dustin Long to transfer

Gig' em Aggies!

Moderators: fowler, Lawnmower Man

Brad
Site Admin

Dustin Long to transfer

Post by Brad »

Friday, December 12, 2003
COLLEGE STATION, Texas- Dustin Long, a Texas A&M junior quarterback from Port Neches, Texas, has announced plans to transfer to Sam Houston State University.

"This decision is based solely on playing time," Long said. "I have an opportunity to maximize my playing time as a senior at Sam Houston State."

"Texas A&M is a great school and I've enjoyed my time here," Long added. "My decision is based simply upon what I think is best for me. It has nothing to do with Coach Fran or the coaching staff here at A&M."

"Dustin is a quality young man from a great family," Texas A&M Head Coach Dennis Franchione said. "I hate to see Dustin leave, but I respect his wishes to get more playing time. I wish him well with this move."

Long, a 6-3, 210-pound quarterback, just completed his junior season. He played in all 12 games and attempted a pass in 10 of those contests. Long's only start came in the season finale against Texas. For the season, he completed 63-of-104 passes for 709 yards and four touchdowns. He was intercepted six times.
I saw hell ya!!! Comments, fowler, lawnmower man?
I use my gun whenever kindness fails.

Never argue with idiots, they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Texas A&M University
Class of 2000

Shotshell Information Page
AggieMoose

Post by AggieMoose »

let um go, what'd yall think about the UH Hawaii game, not the fight the game :)
Brad
Site Admin

Post by Brad »

Crap, missed that. Post some details, plz.

thx
AggieMoose

Post by AggieMoose »

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls03/bowl?game=hawaii

3 OT's
Hawaii could have ended it all by just kneeling it twice, but they chose to kick a field goal and missed. Cougs came back with less then a minute left and No TO's left and scored a TD to tie.
gentry1242

Post by gentry1242 »

Yeah I saw this. That means that we just lost our only seasoned QB. We are supposed to have that badass freshman, but he will need to learn the offense. And don't even say Reggie, he is more of a reciever than a QB. He can't make decisions, can't pass worth a shit, can't hold on to the damn ball, and has had a ridiculous amount of turnovers (interceptions as well as fumbles). It seems it may get worse, before it gets better.

:twisted:
"If I wanted shit from you... I would squeeze your head."
fowler

Post by fowler »

I don't think that Dustin Long was going to lead us to where we wanted to go. He might have done a better job than Reggie this year, he might not have. But he wasn't going to be a cure all for anything. It is never good to lose your back up QB, especially one that is as good as Long. But we can always fall back on Carter if we have too, or one of the upcoming freshman if we need to. Long was a good passer, but that was about it. He was just like Stewart, McCown, and Ferris, in the aspect that he always found a way to make one BIG mistake towards the end of the game to really hurt us. We will be ok without him. It might give a freshman more incentive to step up and do somehting.
Lawnmower Man

Post by Lawnmower Man »

It definitely won't help us. :x